Professional Translation Services in Chinese
Translations in Chinese
All our Chinese translations are prepared with your target market in mind. Given the fact that there are two sets of Chinese characters used around the world —Traditional and Simplified —depending on where your document is intended to be used, it is important to know who your target market will be: Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia, Vancouver or New York. Our translation and localization process makes sure your target audience feel like they are dealing with “one of their own”.
Chinese spoken in the world
Facts about Chinese
- There are actually several languages spoken in China. Mandarin is the most spoken, followed by Wu, Cantonese (Yue), and Min. The unifying force that enables Chinese people to communicate is the Chinese characters, but even here the choice needs to be made between Traditional Chinese characters and Simplified Chinese characters depending on your target audience.
- Traditional Chinese: refers to Chinese characters which do not contain newly created characters or character substitutions performed after 1946. Traditional Chinese characters are currently used in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Simplified Chinese : Since its promulgation by the government in 1956, Simplified Chinese characters have become the official standardized written script used to write the Chinese language within mainland China. Simplified Chinese characters are used in mainland China, Singapore and Malaysia in official publications.
- A well-educated Chinese reader today can recognize approx. 5,000–7,000 characters. However, only approx. 3,000 characters are needed to read a Mainland newspaper. A large dictionary, like the Kangxi Dictionary, contains more than 40,000 characters, including obscure, rare, and archaic characters; less than a quarter of these characters are now commonly used.
The Chinese Market
- Population: 1.3 Billion people
- China has the second-largest economy in the world and is the fastest growing economy in the world.
- China is the world’s largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods.
- Main exports: electrical goods, machinery, data processing equipment, apparel, textiles, iron and steel, optical and medical equipment.
- Main imports: electrical components, oil and mineral fuels, metal ores, plastics.
Translations from Chinese into English
Let us also help you translate all documents from Chinese into English. Our translators are native English speakers who have lived extensively in China and are ATA-certified translators in this language combination.
To discuss your translation needs, give us a call at +1-312-217-2568 or use the free quote form in the sidebar to the left, or email us at email@example.com, or provide more detailed information on our contact form. You can also fax your documents to us at +1-312-803-2208.