Professional Translation Services in French
Translations in French for your Target Market
Your documents are translated with your target audience in mind, whether it be France, Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, or French speaking territories around the world. Each French translation is localized by native translators who are familiar with your market, its local differences and requirements. It is important to pay due diligence when localizing translations, voice-overs and other materials and media for their respective target markets so that they feel like they are dealing with “one of their own”.
French Spoken in the World
- Dark blue: Primarily French speaking
- Blue: Official language
- Light blue: Cultural language
- Green: French-speaking minority
Facts about French
- French (français) is a Romance language (meaning that it is descended from Latin) that evolved out of the Gallo-Romance dialects spoken in northern France. During the 17th and 18th centuries, the French language established itself permanently in the Americas.
- French is spoken by about 110 million people as a first language (mother tongue), by 190 million as a second language, and by about another 200 million people as an acquired foreign language, with significant numbers of speakers in 57 countries.
- The Federal Government of Canada is required by law to offer services in both official languages, French and English. Moreover, all product labels must be bilingual and appear in French and English.
- Most second-language speakers of French live in Francophonic Africa, arguably exceeding the number of native speakers. The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the Francophone country with the largest population.
- French is an official language in 28 countries, most of which form what is called, in French, La Francophonie, the community of French-speaking nations. This can be attributed in part as a result of France’s extensive colonial ambitions between the 17th and 20th centuries, which introduced French to America, Africa, Polynesia, and the Caribbean.
Translations from French into English
When you need a document translated from French into English, we can also help. Our translators are native English speakers who have lived extensively in a French speaking country and are ATA-certified translators in this language pair.
To discuss your translation needs, give us a call at +1-312-217-2568 or use the free quote form in the sidebar to the left, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or provide more detailed information on our contact form. You can also fax your documents to us at +1-312-803-2208.