Professional Translation Services in Italian
Translations in Italian for your Target Market
Whether your documents need to be translated into Italian for use in Italy or Switzerland, we can help! All Italian translations are prepared by native speakers with your target audience in mind. Although Swiss Italian is very similar to standard Italian, there are some differences from the Italian spoken in Italy due to the presence of French and German words being slowly assimilated. Given these small dialectal variations and vocabulary differences between Italy and Switzerland, we make it a point to properly adjust our translations based on the respective target group you are aiming for.
Italian Spoken in the World
- Dark blue: native language
- Blue: administrative language
- Light blue: secondary language or non-official.
- green square: italophone minorities
Facts about Italian
- Italian is a Romance language spoken by 62 million people in Italy, Switzerland, San Marino, Vatican City and minorities in Malta, Croatia, Slovenia and France, and immigrant communities in the Americas and Australia.
- In Switzerland, Italian is one of four official languages, spoken mainly in the Swiss cantons of Grigioni and Ticino.
The Italian Market
- Italy has an economy with high GDP per capita and developed infrastructure. According to the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, in 2009 Italy was the seventh-largest economy in the world and the fourth-largest in Europe. Italy is member of the Group of Eight (G8) industrialized nations, the European Union and the OECD.
- Italy is the world’s 8th largest exporter. Its major exports and companies by sector are motor vehicles (Fiat Group, Aprilia, Ducati, Piaggio); chemicals and petrochemicals (Eni); energy and electrical engineering (Enel, Edison); home appliances (Candy, Indesit), aerospace and defense technologies (Alenia, Agusta, Finmeccanica), firearms (Beretta), fashion (Armani, Valentino, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Benetton, Prada, Luxottica); food processing (Ferrero, Barilla Group, Martini & Rossi, Campari, Parmalat); sport and luxury vehicles (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Pagani); yachts (Ferretti, Azimut).
Translations from Italian into English
When you need a document translated from Italian into English, we can also help! Our translators are native English speakers who have lived extensively in Italy and are ATA-certified translators in this language combination.
To discuss your translation needs, give us a call at +1-312-217-2568 or use the free quote form in the sidebar to the left, or email us at email@example.com, or provide more detailed information on our contact form. You can also fax your documents to us at +1-312-803-2208.