Professional Translation Services in Japanese
Translations in Japanese
All our Japanese translations are prepared with your target audience in mind. Given the fact that there are several ways of addressing people in Japanese which entails several different levels of politeness, it is important to use the right type of language with the right people. Our translation and localization process makes sure your target audience feel like they are dealing with “one of their own”.
Japanese spoken in the world
Medium blue: The primary official language is Japanese. Light blue: Japanese is a minority language. (Please note: some of the information below has been adapted from Wikipedia under its Creative Commons license.)
Facts about Japanese
- Japanese (日本語 Nihongo) is a language spoken by over 130 million people in Japan and in Japanese immigrant communities around the world. It has a complex system of honorifics reflecting the nature of Japanese society, with verb forms and particular vocabulary to indicate the relative status of the speaker, the listener, and persons mentioned in conversation. The Japanese language is written with a combination of three scripts: Chinese characters called kanji (漢字), and two syllabic scripts made of modified Chinese characters, hiragana (ひらがな or 平仮名) and katakana (カタカナ or 片仮名). The Latin alphabet, rōmaji (ローマ字), is also often used in modern Japanese, especially for company names and logos, advertising, and when entering Japanese text into a computer. Arabic numerals are generally used for numbers, but traditional Sino-Japanese numerals are also commonplace.
- Although Japanese is spoken almost exclusively in Japan, there are Japanese emigrant communities all around the world, the largest of which are to be found in Brazil. Japanese emigrants can also be found in Peru, Argentina, Australia, Canada, the United States (notably California and Hawaii).
- Internet Users: 87.5 million
The Japanese Market
- Population: 127,078,679
(July 2009 est.)
- GDP: 4.34 Trillion (2008).
As of 2011, Japan is the third largest national economy in the world, after the United States and China, in terms of nominal GDP.
- Exports: Its main exports are transportation equipment, motor vehicles, electronics, electrical machinery and chemicals.
- Imports: Japan’s main import markets as of 2009 are China, the US, Australia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Korea and Indonesia. Its main imports are machinery and equipment, fossil fuels, foodstuffs (in particular beef), chemicals, textiles and raw materials for its industries.
- Oil imports: 5.425 million bbl/day
Translations from Japanese into English
When you need a document translated from Japanese into English, we can also help. Our translators are native English speakers who have lived extensively in Japan and are ATA-certified translators in this language combination.
To discuss your translation needs, give us a call at +1-312-217-2568 or use the free quote form in the sidebar to the left, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or provide more detailed information on our contact form. You can also fax your documents to us at +1-312-803-2208.