Professional Translation Services in Portuguese
Translations in Portuguese
We offer translations in Portuguese for Brazil, Portugal and Portuguese speaking countries in Africa. Given the considerable differences in grammar between Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese all documents are translated by professional native translators and localized for the target country.
Portuguese Spoken in the World
- Dark green: native language.
- Green: official and administrative language.
- Light green: cultural or secondary language.
- Yellow: Portuguese-based creole.
- Green square: Portuguese speaking minorities.
Facts about Portuguese
- Portuguese (português or língua portuguesa) is a Romance language (meaning that it is descended from Latin) in the Ibero-Romance group. Portuguese spread worldwide in the 15th and 16th centuries as Portugal established a colonial and commercial empire (1415–1999) which spanned from Brazil in the Americas to Goa and other parts of India, Macao in China and Timor (north of Australia).
- Portuguese is one of the world’s major languages, ranked seventh according to number of native speakers (between 205 and 230 million). It is the language of about half of South America’s population, even though Brazil is the only Portuguese-speaking nation in the Americas. It is also a major lingua franca in Portugal’s former colonial possessions in Africa.
- Portuguese is the official language in nine countries also being co-official with Cantonese Chinese in Macao and Tetum in East Timor.
- The main principal trading partners of Brazil are the United States, China, Argentina, Germany and Japan.
- Brazil is currently the largest trading partner of China in Latin America, and China is the second largest for Brazil.
Translations from Portuguese into English
When you need documents translated from Portuguese into English, we can also help. All projects to be translated from Portuguese into English are prepared by professional linguists who are native English speakers having lived many years in Brazil or Portugal. They are ATA-certified translators.
To discuss your translation needs, give us a call at +1-312-217-2568 or use the free quote form in the sidebar to the left, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or provide more detailed information on our contact form. You can also fax your documents to us at +1-312-803-2208.